Telling THE Story
1 Peter 3:15
15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect
- Christ followers should be prepared and willing to share the gospel with anyone who asks.
- As Christ followers, we should lead a life that encourages others to wonder about the joy and hope that we have.
- We should share the gospel in a respectful and gentle way without being condescending.
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
- Jesus was speaking to all of his disciples, not just some of them.
- Jesus instructed them to go and make disciples of all nations, not just what is convenient to us.
What is a DISCIPLE?
- One who accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior – John 1:12-13 (12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.)
- One who is a student of the Word – 2 Timothy 2:15 (15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.) and John 8:31 (31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.”)
- Read the Bible… daily (or more)
- Talk to Jesus through prayer… continually (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- Get help and accountability from your Christian brothers and sisters
- Like all relationships, your relationship with Jesus requires an investment. An hour a week on Sunday mornings is not an “investment.”
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
Go and make disciples.